Sunday, March 30, 2008

A True Virtual Community!

Hello again this post is not about the usual update of the team, but rather about another blog that has the same topic. "Golden State of Mind" is the blog and it has been around for almost too long, in my opinion. My opinion on how long a blog should last is besides the point because I am a first time blogger. Golden State of Mind has been around since 2004, I believe, and has many viewers who comment and follow the blog daily. Each post is filled with new comments that usually consist of the same people. This blog seems to have established itself over the years as a place that many warrior fans go to to vent and talk about their favorite team. The blog consists of updates of all the games and includes other posts that pertain to the game like special events and new ideas that fans can support. The blog is filled with everything one would want to know about the team. I find that this blog has a lot of time put into it. To me personally I think the time put into the blog is not worth it, but that is just my opinion. As much of a warrior fan I am I would not find it necessary to keep a blog about the team for four years. In my mind this person spends too much time worrying about the team. I enjoy writing a blog, but "Golden State of Mind" just seems too much. Because this person has so many readers that are interested in the blog he has a good reason to keep it up. I am assuming his blog started with few readers, but as time went on more and more people comment and follow his blog. I don't follow this blog because I watch the games myself and don't find it necessary to follow up on what other people saw. I have my friends to express to how the Warriors did and are doing because they watch basketball too. My blog I now feel is for people who are fans, but are too busy to watch the games and when my blog is read it lets fans know how they did in case they missed it. "Golden State of Mind" on the other hand, I feel like, updates fans on what they already know so they can express to each other their thoughts on the team's downfall or progress. All in all the blog is very well structured and it is obvious that time was put into and effort was put forth into creating and maintaing the blog.

No comments: